How much are your monthly vendor space rates there?
Right now, we have wall space on sale. This space is either 12" deep on the south wall, with metal shelving units available for your use, or 48" deep on the east and west walls. All of the walls have pegboard pieces installed for your use. Our prices for wall space include:
|This is 4' x 8' of wall space.|
- 4' (with two 48" tall walls) booth: $40/mo. or $80/qtr. (That's pay 2 months, get ONE MONTH FREE!)
- 6' (with one 7' wall) booth: $60/mo. or $120/qtr. (That's pay 2 months, get ONE MONTH FREE!)
- 8' (with one 7' wall): $80/mo. or $160/qtr. (That's pay 2 months, get ONE MONTH FREE!)
- Full end cap: $50/mo. ($100/qtr.)
- Half end cap: $30/mo. or $60/qtr.
Floor space is also available inside the store, if you would like to create an area on our open sales floor where you can arrange your own items.
- Less than 10' - $25 for a one day event (and to finish out the rest of the month)
- 10' and more - $2/sq. ft./mo., or $4/sq. ft./qtr. (That's pay 2 months, get ONE MONTH FREE!)
- There is also a *REDUCED* 10% commission on all booth sales to cover marketing and sales expenses.
Do you offer special event rates and options?
Yes we do! Our special event rental rates are the same as the floor space rates. Upcoming special events include:
- May 22-24 -- Herington All-School Reunion & Hope School Reunion
- May 30 -- Herington's citywide yard sale
- July 9-11 -- Tri-County Free Fair
What about items to be sold on consignment?Besides our booth spaces, we're also looking for quality handmade creations, antiques, art, vintage items, collectibles or larger quality used furniture items that we sell on consignment. These are located in the open floor area of the store. The specialized consignment policy includes a four-month process of markdowns and option for lay-a-ways to help promote the movement of these items.
We also offer consignment for antique furniture items, quality used furniture items, art works and other larger items. Those are sold on commission only.
|Handmade leather bags|
for sale are some of the
pieces we have for sale.
- Items $50.00+: A 35% commission (and a 10% markdown after 30 days, another after 60 days and a third one after 90 days, so 30% total markdowns)
- Items < $49.99: A 50% commission (no markdowns)
What else does Prairie Chic Handcrafts & Antiques offer in the store?
A third part to our business is indoor, climate controlled self-storage units. We hope to encourage antique dealers to both buy and sell and inventory right here in Herington. Our 22 units are now available for rent, with a one-time $20 administration fee. We welcome the entire community to rent these spaces for their own personal use as needed.
Where is store located?
The store is located at 9 S. Broadway St., Herington, Kan. Here is the Google Map link to help you find your way from your home area.
- Coming from exit #295 on I-70 in Junction City, head south on U.S. 77 for 26 miles and turn right onto Arnold Street. Follow the road 0.5 miles to the first stop sign on D Street. Turn left and travel 0.2 miles until you get to Main Street (after a small bridge and an open lot on the right). Turn right and travel 0.2 miles until the stop sign at Broadway Street. Turn left and Prairie Chic is located after the second stop sign, on the right side of the road.
- Coming from the U.S. 50 roundabout in Florence, travel 30.4 miles north on U.S. 77. Then, turn left at the "Y" just north of 300 Avenue, and follow Business 56 through town. (The road will take a sharp right turn at Trapp Street, and you will go four more blocks). Turning left onto Broadway Street and go 0.2 miles north, finding Prairie Chic on the left, just north of Day Street and Central National Bank.
- Coming from Council Grove, travel 24.0 miles east on U.S. 56. Then, at the four-way stop at the intersection of U.S. 77 and U.S. 56, go straight onto Business 56 until you come to Broadway Street. Then turn right to head north four blocks to Prairie Chic, which is located on the west side (left) of the street.
Here are some rules to help us maintain continuity and sales success for all of our vendors by providing efficiency for Prairie Chic management.
- Tags -- All vendors will use their Vendor Number ID on all merchandise tags. Please make all info legible for anyone to be able to read, with additional info posted in booth if to attract shoppers. Please tag and price your items at home and make sure every item has its own tag. Place sticky tags on an area that won’t be damaged by the glue, lost sales can occur for this reason. Vendors renting space will have a THREE digit vendor number and can list a description as they want it printed on the end of the month settlement. Vendors selling items on consignment will have a FOUR digit vendor number and the DATE should also be included on your tags.
- Items -- If you bring any items that should not be opened, make sure that they are secured with tape or closed tightly. If stored in a Zip Lock bag, they will be opened and removed so secure with staples and tag. If smaller valuable items such as jewelry or nick knacks are to be sold, we will have store counter space available for rent for these items.
- Booths -- Please keep your aisle clear. There should not be any items extending past the dividing walls of your booth, especially a fixture. We need to keep walking space safe for shoppers. When you come to stock, please be kind to your neighbors and don’t block the aisles when filling your booth, as most shoppers will avoid those aisles altogether until they are cleared. Prairie Chic will notify all vendors of upcoming “Work Nights” for those who would like more time to clean out and rearrange their booths for special seasonal displays without customers in the store in their monthly newsletter.
- Lighting -- Lighting is limited to 60 watts for 4' or 6' and 100 watts for 8' booths and is limited to compact fluorescent and LED bulbs only. Unapproved lighting will be disconnected upon management discretion. Management reserves the right to add electrical capacity to a booth for an additional fee.
- Layaways -- Our store provides our customers a great opportunity to purchase your goods and also provides layaway services in our storage area until pick-up. This service is only offered to shoppers. Vendors have the opportunity to rent our controlled spaces available for those who wish to keep items ready for future display or storage for their personal goods.
Find more about us online at:
- The Prairie Chic Kansas website
- Our Facebook album
- Bookoo page
- Our Pinterest page
- Our Fairs and Festivals link